I grew up in a loving, protective home that sheltered me from knowing what the real world was like. That alone has good points and bad. When I left home to go to college, it was a shocker!
Here’s what I know for sure:
- Not everyone has your best interest at heart! Not everyone’s for you! Some people will like you, some won’t, and some simply want to use you for their own purpose. What you must remember is – it’s not about you, it’s about them and their issues! Don’t ever take it personal! You simply step away from those people, and in your heart release the cords, wish them the best in your heart, and walk away fast.
- Be careful choosing your inner circle of friends. It’s true that those you hang out with influence you and your decisions. Choose friends that will inspire you to raise the bar in your life. Choose friends that have goals, want to better themselves, and work hard to make their dreams happen!
- Always be reading, growing your mind in some way – everyday! Growing and improving will be an asset – something you will look back on and know you did your best. For me, when I lay my head on my pillow at night, I want to know in my heart and mind, that I did my best today. That brings contentment, peace, and a good night’s sleep.
- Learn to take risks when you are young. I know that FEAR of failing makes people never take risks, but I’m here to tell you, when you step out in fear, face it and do what you want to do DESPITE your fear, it will be that greatest feeling ever! That is courage is action. Take the risk. Be Bold. Even if you fail, you will be stronger for moving pass the fear and trying!
- Remember Life goes by fast. As you grow older, life starts speeding up, and should probably get a speeding ticket since it’s accelerating. Never take a day for granted. I’ve narrowly missing death several times, so live every day with laughter and excitement. Give it all you’ve got!